Graphic Design Final Blog Post

Vector Illustrated Portrait

For the vector illustrated project we had to pick an image of either a family member or of a pet. You then had to choose if you wanted to do organic style or geometric style. And if you choose geometric you were just creating a bunch of triangles over your image. And if you choose organic you didn't have a certain path you had to follow you just created a bunch of weird shapes over your image. Although it looks very easy, it is very time consuming and a lot of work. This project took me about 3 and half weeks to complete. I was constantly staying after school to try and complete it. I was gone a lot and it was a lot of work to do. Some challenges I faced were some of the shapes I would create wouldn't go inclosed so then if i was creating another shape and touched that one it would make it one big shape instead of two separate shapes. One new skill I learned is to keep on going. I have always been really bad a keeping long term goals and with this project it taught me that if you keep on going you are going to love the end product. I took in on what colors to really emphasize and where I should create certain shapes. I did my cat and his fur was a little crazy so I also took in on where to cover up some of his fur and where to bring it out. I actually changed my whole photo. I was originally going to do my sister but I changed it to my cat because I have this photo that I took of him where his eye is really pretty and I really wanted to do a cool eye. This is my favorite outcome of any project that I have done this year in graphic design. I am very harsh on myself and I don't like a lot of my work. So I was surprised how good it turned out.

Logo Designs

For this logo designs project we had to create our own personal logo that represented us. First we had to look up different logo designs and sketch our own logos from the pictures. Our minimum that we had to sketch was 30 different logo designs. Then from there we would choose are 5 favorite designs. And make all 5 logos and do 6 or 9 different color variations of each logo. The project took about a week and half to two weeks to sketch and create each logo. The biggest challenge I faced was me just not being able to create the logos and still have them look good. So I scraped all my idea's except for one and I come up with all knew designs. I learned how to problem solve even better right there in the moment. I had to come up with a quick idea of what I wanted to do and how to fix things. Like I said before I had to change all my logos except for 1 so I changed almost everything. I took in color ideas from peers to try and figure out what looked good. As well as what logo to use in the end. Overall I am very pleased with the outcome. I think I did good for the problems I faced in the end.

 Event Advertising

For the event advertising project we had to choose to do a band or an art moment. And then you had to pick and research an artist or the art movement. Then you had to create a poster and two postcards and then finally a ticket design. Overall this project took about 1 month to research and create everything. At first I couldn't decided on an artist and then I couldn't decided on a poster design. I kept changing my idea and it was really stressing me out. I took in color designs and just overall designs and what to put on my post cards. The main change I made was my poster design. I think overall I had 4 different designs for it before I went with the one on my actual poster. Overall I am very happy with the outcome of my poster and everything. I put in a lot of work into it and i'm very happy that I even got something done.

Class Time

I actually never finished a project early. I was always working on projects and trying to make them the best that they could be. I did and I didn't. I am in other classes where I am kind of forced in a way too but if I wasn't in those classes I probably wouldn't have thought of doing that. I am constantly seeing what I could do better on in projects and what I do and don't like about the projects. For some of the projects I researched outside of school. I wanted to know more about it and just have a better understanding of everything.

Strengths

So overall I feel that I have more strengths in video than I do in graphic design. In video I know how to lead and how to get things done and make sure everyone is on task and do color study to make everything purposeful. Where as in graphic design I know how to edit photos and work illustrator and photoshop.

Weaknesses

I know my biggest weakness is time management. I struggle getting things turned in on time and I get very behind easily and that causes me to get stressed so I think that I just need to work on my time management.

Conclusion

The thing I loved most was the people in the class and everyone was willing to give feedback and not afraid to tell you what they really thought of it. The only thing I would change is how I do the projects and just make sure I really put in 110% in everything I do. A goal I want to set it to turn in all my projects o time no matter the problems I may face.


Comments

Popular Posts