Semester 1 Entertainment Final Exam

What I Did This Semester

The Presentation:



   
   This project was our very first project we ever did with the camera's in entertainment video. For this project we had to use the six shot system. And the video could be anything me wanted it to be. So, my group choose to do a mini-short film. We wanted it to be about this group that had to do a presentation about plastic in the earths ocean but Alex finished up the project at home and he ended up changing the whole thing without his group knowing. We wanted to show how anxious the group got when Alex changed the whole thing and they were scrambling to fix it before they had to present. In all I think this project came out really well and it only took us about 3-4 hours to film the whole thing. And we had a little bump in the road because we were filming at school and then the fire alarm went off and we had to wait outside for an hour. 
   I learned a lot on this project because it was my first time using the new cameras and working with people I had never met before. It was cool to see how other people run things. And see how they want certain things to look and helping you out with everything. But also with giving you a chance to try out new things so that when they leave we can carry on with what they taught us.
   People thought that are film was funny and youthful. They also thought that the cinematography was really strong. But we had some audio issues and it ended up sounding like it was under water for some reason. After we heard all of that feedback we went back to try and fix the audio as best as we could. It sounded a little better but not much. Overall I am very happy with how it turned out. And I think it was a great start to the year.

Yamaha Commercial:

For this project we had to create either a 15 second, 30 second, or 1 minute commercial. It could be of anything we wanted but it had to either pull on the heart strings, give information, or make us want to go do the thing that the commercial was showing. My group could not agree with a commercial idea. One person was very stubborn and only wanted to do a vans commercial. While another person wanted to do it over camping gear. And I tired to get them both the be open minded about it and maybe come up with some other ideas as well but neither one of them was budging. I tried to stay as neutral as possible. We all finally ended up coming to an agreement with doing Yamaha instruments. There were 5 of us in a group and I ended up not having a roll and felt pretty useless the whole commercial because if I wasn't there it didn't matter at all and you couldn't tell a difference. This project took us about 3 days to film. We filmed after school 1 day, during school 1 day, and early in the morning 1 day.
   We not only faced challenges within are own group but the audio was an issue. One person decided to compose the audio himself. But he didn't get it done till the day it was due. So the whole time we kept asking when it would be done and they could never give us an answer. I feel like I didn't learn that much from this project. I just learned that are group didn't get a long at all and fighting happened the whole time. It was not a fun project and I sat around doing nothing the whole time. The only feed back we really got was that are audio of the instruments didn't line up with the instruments that were being shown. Which after we got that feed back are editor went back in and put more time into fixing it. Overall I like the video but its not one of my favorites and it wasn't how I imagined it would turn out.

Good Old Boston



   In this project we had to create a short film. First the whole class had to write a treatment about a film that we all wanted to create and then we had to pitch it to the whole class. After that we all voted for the one that we wanted to be are feature film. And then anyone who wanted to make their film could write it up on the board and it would be made. So are film is about a jewish girl moving from Boston to Kansas and having the deal with the fact that there are only two jewish people in the town that she now lives in. This film took 3 days to film. 2 days outside of school and 1 day during school. I know that the biggest challenged that we faced were not being able to find actors. All of us kept asking around but nobody wanted to do it. So we ended up using one person from are group and 2 people in are class.
   I wasn't really here for this project because I was working or working on essays for school and to me that came first before anything else. I let my group know and they were fine with it. But I wasn't really there for any of the film and I haven't watched it yet. So when we watch it in class that will be my first time watching it as well.

Class Management:

   In class I try to use my time wisely and always trying to work. But sometimes I ask for things to do and no one has anything for me to do or we are in the post-production stage. In every project that I have worked on we have never gotten done early. We are always working up until the last second. Outside of class I am working on other projects. For english I made a commercial. And right now I am currently working on a music video that will be filmed over break. I love creating my own projects and having total creative freedom over what is being produced.

Strengths and Weaknesses

   Over all I think I am a hard worker and I try to do my best in everything that I do. I am always trying to be working on projects outside of school so I can work on all of roles. But the one that needs the most work is director of photography. I have never been DP and I feel as though i'm not the greatest at it. Which is why I am going to work on it. I recently finally got client work for the district in recreating a logo for a speaker that is coming. 





Guest Speakers

   I wasn't really here for guest speakers. I was always sick but I was here for two of them. And that was Gordon Lamb, Darby Christensen, and Ryann Burnett. I thought that Gordon Lamb was good but he was more with the convergence side of things. He didn't really speak to us as movie makers. And Ryan Burnett honestly just bored me. He talked a lot and I am not an editor so I didn't really feel like he was speaking to me. But i'm sure he was good to all the people that want to edit. And Darby was probably my favorite out of the three. She was a good speaker and got us involved with doing an activity and really just woke us up.

All American High School Film Festival

   This trip was one of my favorite trips I have been on. It was really cool to see what students are creating and how we can improve on what we do in class. I think it was very helpful to know what the standards were for the first year and then go back next year and actually compete and maybe even win one of the awards. I also think it brought e-comm together as a whole. By the end of the trip everyone was really close and no one wanted to leave.

Feature Film

   For the feature film I am one of the filler writers and I am part of art direction and a social media content creator. I hope to use my roles to the best of their ability and I run the instagram which is are main platform for social media.


Comments

Popular Posts