Music Video



Process

This project was to recreate a music video of your choosing. You also got to pick your groups and who did what role. My role was director and art director. Ryan's role was editor. And Andrews role was cinematographer.

For pre-production we had to story board, type out song lyrics, do a beat sheet and many more things. We knew we didn't want to do something with a hard story line. We wanted to do something upbeat and happy. As soon as we picked which music video we wanted to do we immediately started story-boarding. We then figured out cast and costumes as well as props. Next we figured out locations to use. After that we set up times and dates that we wanted to film. Unfortunately the weather was not on our sides and snow day that we had we actually ended up filming on. Everyone was cold and I was sick and we were all kinda miserable but we got filming done and so when we came back to school we could start editing. So Ryan was the only one who ended up actually editing the music video. I edited bloopers as well as adding in actually shots that we used in the music video. And Andrew did post interviews with Ryan, himself, and I.

Teamwork

Overall we worked pretty well together. There were times that I was yelling at them or got irritated because they weren't doing anything or weren't doing what I asked of them. Like Ryan would just sit there and not edit because he didn't like editing the video and so that caused him to have to stay after-school a lot because he wouldn't do it in class. And when we were choosing what video to do, they wanted to do a joking video rather than one that as an actual story line. I had to keep shooting down there ideas and they would joke and say 2 against 1 but it still annoyed me. Other than that we were fine. The deadline was the thing that scared me the most because I knew we had to get it in on time. So I would stay after-school with Ryan or make sure he was editing in class. As well as give him feedback on things for what would look better.

I would probably pick a different video if I were to change it. The video was really hard to replicate and to find actors for. We had to do a bunch of different shots within 4 seconds of the video. As well as one with more of a story line. One thing I would keep the same is the costumes. They looked very similar to the actual video and give you that 90's vibe. For the next project we need to keep in mind the deadline and plan out everything accordingly to make sure it gets turned in on time.

Comments

Popular Posts